NDIS Psychosocial Recovery Coach
Position open until filled
Skylight is recruiting an NDIS Psychosocial Recovery Coach. The Psychosocial Recovery Coach functions under the overall guidance of the supervisor, who offers direction and supervision. The Psychosocial Recovery Coach will provide individualised recovery coaching supports to NDIS Participants supporting them with their journey of recovery towards leading a meaningful life as defined by them. You will assist participants to achieve the goals set out in their NDIS plans through a recovery based approach.
The role is classified as SCAHDS Level 2.4 and 0.6 – 0.8 fte – with an Ongoing Contract. You will be based across metropolitan Adelaide locations.
Skylight Programs deliver a range of recovery oriented community mental health services by working alongside people experiencing mental illness, family and friends who care for them, and the broader general South Australian community.
Requirements for Success
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work and/or two years experience in mental health related work
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of psychosocial disability and recovery, including trauma informed practice and supported decision making
- Demonstrated ability to engage with participants to build a trusting coaching relationship that motivates and builds the participant’s capacity to set goals
- A non judgemental, , person centred approach with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to consistently meet minimum billable hours KPI using effective time management, balancing workload, and prioritising competing demands
- Current Drivers License
- Current DHS Working With Children Check and NDIS Worker Check
We highly regard
- Previous NDIS experience
- Lived experience of living with or supporting someone with a mental illness
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed, innovative and values based organisation.
- Working with a team that are passionate about facilitating positive changes for people.
- Regular supervision using reflective practice principles.
- Opportunity for career development to Support Coordinator position.
- Excellent Salary Packaging options.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program including immediate family members living at same address
Skylight will fill the role as soon as possible, and will keep the recruitment open until filled.
To be considered, please address the following questions in a maximum of one page, together with your cover letter and your resume:
- Describe the skills, knowledge, and attributes you believe to be most important when delivering support services to participants who engage with Skylight.
- Please describe an example of when you have worked in a dynamic environment which required teamwork, administrative skills, agility and quick responses to clients’ needs.
- The Psychosocial Recovery Coach is responsible for autonomously managing their time to support participants to meet their goals. Please describe your experience with similar responsibilities, the challenges you encountered and how you overcame them.
Skylight Mental Health is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce including people from all genders, ages, sexualities, cultures, and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people with mental health lived experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.