Team Leader – Community Connections Program
1.0 FTE Ongoing Contract – SACS Level 6 with generous salary packaging available. Based at Wayville
Skylight Mental Health deliver a range of recovery oriented community mental health services by working alongside people experiencing mental illness, family and friends who care for them, and the broader general South Australian community.
Skylight is seeking a Team Leader to collaborate across teams and with external stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of our programs and services. The Team leader will be involved in program development, networking and promotion, facilitation, training, participant supported planning, administrative tasks, special projects and reporting as well as supervise team members.
The successful applicant will have:
- A tertiary qualification relevant to mental health or community services and/or adaptable skills and experience in those areas.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and supervising a diverse staff team.
- Strong management capability to monitor and manage performance against targets and budgets.
- High level of self-management, communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply rehabilitation and recovery principles and culturally competent practices to facilitate the recovery journey for program participants.
- (Desirable) Lived experience of mental illness and excellent skills in appropriate use in the support of Skylight customers and participants.
- Demonstrated skills in one or more of the following areas: individual support, group work, carer programs, therapeutic groups, social and recreational activities, or provision of information, education, advice and referral.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, email and internet and the ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Current SA Drivers Licence and willingness to use own vehicle.
- DHS Working With Children Check and DHS NDIS Worker Check.
Skylight values lived experience and peer-led programs; applications from persons with a lived experience of mental illness are strongly encouraged.
Applications via Seek or to email@example.com by 9am Monday 19 February 2024
For more details or enquiries, please contact: Meike Wise on firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, please address the following questions in a maximum of one page, together with your cover letter and your resume:
- The Team leader will be responsible for the ongoing development of Skylight’s community focused services. Describe some of the challenges community workers may face in the community provide an example of when you have supported a worker in managing these challenges as well as their own mental health.
- Developing collaborative partnerships is fundamental to developing and maintaining Skylight services. From your experience, what are they key elements of a successful partnership and describe an instrumental collaboration you have developed.
- The role of Team leader is very multi-faceted and hands-on. What behaviors do think a Team Leader would need to demonstrate to be successful in this role, and describe how these behaviors apply to yourself.
Skylight is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and values the experience and skills of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.