Skylight Mental Health
Support Workers – Metro Adelaide or Murray Mallee region
Multiple Casual Positions Available – SACS 2.4
Skylight is looking to recruit Support Workers who are capable of providing individualised support to participants, covering locations in Metropolitan Adelaide (Southern, Central and Northern suburbs) and in the Murray Mallee region. Shifts are across various times during the day and can include weekends and public holidays. There are also opportunities to provide support to participants within a group setting by facilitating activity groups within Skylight centres if this is something you have relevant skills and experience / an interest in.
Skylight Support Workers make a real difference to the lives of people experiencing mental illness, building from these key areas:
Engagement – Do you engage easily with others?
Empathy – Is it natural for you to express empathy?
Recovery – Do you understand what recovery from mental illness means?
Relationships – Is building relationships easy for you?
Motivation – Can you help people discover their own motivation?
Emotional Intelligence – Is emotional intelligence important to you?
Self-Reflection – Do you use self-reflection to challenge yourself?
If you answered YES to the questions above and would like to work alongside our participants to improve/support their wellbeing, then submit an application today to join our team:
Send through your resume along with a cover letter that includes your responses to the three questions below. Please keep your responses to no more than one single A4 page*.
- Provide an example of a time when you supported someone to build their capacity and independence. What were the outcomes?
- Provide examples of when you have supported someone with recovery orientated practice principles? What did this support look like?
- You are supporting a participant 3 hours weekly, the supports have become repetitive and the participant has lost motivation to identify/work towards their goals. How would you reset this support?
*To be considered to move to the next stage of the application process you must complete and send through your answers to these questions.
The successful applicants will have:
- Certificate III Individual Support (Home and Community) and/or knowledge and skills gained through work experience commensurate with community mental health service
- Sound knowledge and awareness of mental illness (ideally psychosocial disability) and related comorbidities and the associated impact on individuals, carers and the community
- Smartphone with internet capabilities
- Current SA Drivers Licence and willingness to use own vehicle
- DHS Working With Children Check and NDIS Worker Check
This recruitment will stay open until positions are filled. Please distribute to your networks.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skylight Mental Health is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce including people from all genders, ages, sexualities, cultures, and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people with mental health lived experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.