Working at Skylight
Skylight employees work together to deliver on Our Mission, Our Vision and Our Values.
We welcome applications from people who:
• are willing to embrace our mission, vision and values
• have skills, experience (including lived experience) and enthusiasm for their role
• enjoy working with others to achieve results and outcomes
• can observe our policies and procedures at all times
As employment opportunities arise at Skylight, they will be posted on this page.
If you are interested in working at Skylight, please read the Information for Applicants carefully and submit your application.
All positions at Skylight require a current SAPOL Police Check and DCSI Child-related Employment Screening.
Multiple casual positions available Metropolitan Adelaide and Limestone Coast Region
Skylight Programs deliver a range of recovery oriented community mental health services by working alongside people experiencing mental illness, family and friends who care for them, and the broader general South Australian community.
Skylight is keen to recruit Support Workers capable of providing individualised support to participants in the metropolitan Adelaide area. Shifts are across various times during the day and include weekends.
Support Workers will build and maintain respectful and compassionate relationships with participants and follow set support plans. This will include working closely with participants to achieve goals including but not limited to attending appointments, transportation, and daily living support skills.
Certificate III Individual Support (Home and Community) and current tertiary students studying in the mental health area are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicants will have:
- Certificate III Individual Support (Home and Community) and/or knowledge and skills gained through work experience commensurate with community mental health services
- Sound knowledge and awareness of mental illness (psychosocial disability) and related comorbidities and the associated impact on individuals, carers and the community
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, email and the internet
- Current SA Drivers License and willingness to use own vehicle
- National Police clearance and DCSI Child-related Employment Screening
A Job Description and Information for Applicants document are available on our website www.skylight.org.au
To be considered, please address the following questions in a maximum of one page, together with a cover letter and your resume:
- Describe what skills you believe to be most important when delivering support to participants in the community
- Describe how you work through challenges and how you feel this would impact support given to participants
- Provide an example(s) of how you would create positive connections with participants across a broad range of age groups, backgrounds and interests
Skylight is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and values the experience and skills of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged.
Applications via Seek or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view the Job Description
Please click here to view the Information for Applicants
This recruitment is open and ongoing. Applicants will be contacted for interview when vacancies arise.
Volunteering at Skylight
Volunteering opportunities arise through the needs of Skylight services for volunteer support as well as offers received from volunteers with skills which may be used to compliment various Skylight services. Volunteering opportunities at Skylight occur regularly within some services, including:
- Wayville, Christies Beach, Mannum and Eyre Activity Programs
- Fundraising support
- Skylight Board
Current Volunteer Vacancies
Southern Adelaide Queer youth Drop-in Volunteer
The Southern Adelaide Queer Youth Drop-In is a fortnightly recreational support group for LGBTIQA+
young people aged 15 to 25 that happens at the Wardli Youth Centre in Christie Downs.
Under the general direction of the Drop-In Coordinators (Skylight Project Support Officers), the
Southern Adelaide Queer Youth Drop-in Volunteer is a peer leader who will facilitate recreational
activities and events. Southern Adelaide Queer Youth Drop-in Volunteer will abide by and uphold the
group norms of the Drop-in, support and empower participants, create and maintain a safe space, and
promote wellbeing. Role Description here
Herb, Produce and General Gardener
Under the general direction of the Activity Programs Coordinator the Herb & Produce Gardener will volunteer their time to plan, build and plant a sustainable kitchen garden. The Herb & Produce Gardener will grow and maintain herbs, vegetables and fruit for use within Parnangga's kitchen and cooking programs and general gardening as needed. Role Description here